Wish List for apartment in Tuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa Apartment Articles
Deciding where to live when moving to Tuscaloosa
can be an unnerving task, especially when the options are as many and as varied as in the Tuscaloosa area.
One of the most important considerations when it comes to finding a new apartment home is finances. How much Tuscaloosa apartment
can you afford?
Half the fun of moving into a new apartment in the Tuscaloosa area
is decorating your space. But sometimes that can be a challenge.
When budgeting for an Tuscaloosa apartment
, don't forget to include the cost of renters insurance.
A lease is a legally binding contract between a tenant and a landlord. A lease obligates both tenant and landlord to specific terms.
You've signed the lease on your new apartment in the Tuscaloosa area
and now the work really begins. Moving can be one of the most stressful of life's events, but there are steps you can take to alleviate the pain of the process.
Before you begin a serious apartment search in Tuscaloosa
it's a good idea to delineate what you're looking for and to prioritize those desires.
Safety is a primary consideration, when choosing an Tuscaloosa area apartment
community. No amount amenities - of swimming pools and clubhouses and fancy appliances - are worthwhile if you don't feel secure in your own apartment home.
You've found the perfect apartment. Now it's time to make application, sign the lease and get moved in.
Before you begin a serious apartment search in Tuscaloosa, it's a good idea to delineate what you're looking for and to prioritize those desires. Here is a list of options to Consider When Searching for an Apartment home in Tuscaloosa:
- High-Rise Building
- First Floor Apartment
- Number of Bedrooms
- Number of Baths
- Is Closet Space a Priority?
- Do you need a Furnished Apartment in Tuscaloosa?
- Washer/dryer Included
- Washer/dryer Connections
- On-site Laundry Facilities
- New Appliances
- Gas Appliances
- Cable Ready
- High-Speed Internet Access
- Balcony / Deck / Patio
- Security System
- Natural Light
- Wood Floors
- Cathedral Ceilings
- Outdoor Storage
- Parking - Covered / Garage
- Proximity to Work
- Proximity to Schools in Tuscaloosa
- Proximity to Shopping in Tuscaloosa
- Proximity to Major Roads in Tuscaloosa area
- Restricted Community Entry (Gated Access)
- Restricted Building Entry
- Surveillance Cameras
- 24-Hour Security Staff
- Noise Level
- Fitness Center
- Business Center
- Theater / Media Room
- Swimming Pool
- Spa / Whirlpool
- Organized Social Activities
- Utilities Included
- Subletting Allowed
- Roommates Allowed
- Landlord On-site
It's important to make a good impression when you interview with a prospective Tuscaloosa apartment home. Dress as you would for a job interview and, by all means, be on time for your appointment. It will also be helpful for you to bring the following:
- A Copy of Your Credit Report
- Your Last Pay Stub / Latest Tax Return
- Resume / Contact Information for your Current Employer
- Banking Information (Statement, Checkbook or Debit Card)
- List of References and Contact Info (Be sure to alert them in advance)
- A Letter of Reference From Your Current / Last Landlord
Ask The Right Questions
Make the most of your visit. Here's a list of questions to ask your prospective landlord:
- What is the monthly rent for Tuscaloosa aparment?
- When is it due?
- Is there a grace period?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is there an application fee?
- What is the deposit amount?
- Is the deposit refundable? Under what conditions is it forfeited?
- Do you require the last month's rent paid in advance?
- Are pets allowed?
- Are there weight, breed or number restrictions on pets?
- What is the pet deposit?
- Is the pet deposit refundable?
- What length lease do you require
- What are the penalties for breaking the lease?
- What are the terms for renewing the lease?
- Which utilities are included?
- Which utilities am I responsible for?
- Are there any other charges?
- Can I sublet?
- Can I have roommates?
- What maintenance am I responsible for?
- How is maintenance handled?
- Is there resident maintenance staff?
- What hours is maintenance available?
- How is emergency maintenance handled?
- How big is the hot water heater
- What appliances are included?
- Are laundry facilities available
- How many parking spaces will I have in this Tuscaloosa apartment?
- Are parking spaces assigned?
- What accommodations are there for guest parking?
- Do you have on-site security personnel?
- Do you have surveillance cameras? In what locations?
- Are locks re-keyed or replaced every time a tenant changes?
- What hours is the fitness center open?
- What rules do you have about noise, quiet times, parties, etc.?
- How are those rules enforced?
- When will the unit be available?
And don't forget to talk to other Tuscaloosa community tenants while you're there. Here are a few things to ask:
- How responsive is the maintenance staff?
- How well does the landlord handle complaints?
- What is the noise level like?
- Do you have trouble parking?
- If there are secure entries, are they kept locked?
- Are the laundry facilities adequate?
- Are you happy with the community?
Here is a checklist of items to take note of when you visit:
- Are the grounds well maintained?
- Does the staff seem professional?
- What is the noise level like?
- Are stairs, hallways and outdoor areas well lit?
- Are appliances in good working order
- Are bathrooms clean and in working order?
- Do ceilings show signs of water damage / leaks?
- In what condition is the carpeting?
- Do the walls need painting?
- Are there enough phone jacks and electrical outlets?
- Do the windows work?
- Do doors have deadbolts and security chains / bolts?
- Is storage space adequate?
- What is the water pressure like?
- Is there any evidence of rodents or roaches? (Don't be afraid to look inside cabinets in Tuscaloosa apartment.)
- Is there a smoke detector?
- Are the heating and A/C systems in good working order?
- If there is a fireplace, is it clean and in working order?
Find Your Next Apartment in Tuscaloosa
Click on the Home / Search Tuscaloosa Apartments button to get started. Get all the information on available Tuscaloosa apartments that meet your needs.
Sit Back And Relax and search the best apartments in Tuscaloosa for the best price. We have develop a comprehensive list of apartments that meet your needs. All you do is call or email for availability. You can also find out the current specials.
- Search Apartments in Tuscaloosa our service is 100% free to you!
- Computerized profiles of thousands apartments from our state-of-the-art database.
- Our service in no way increases your apartment rental rate.
- We save you time, money and hassles
- Free assistance in finding your next perfect home
- We can help you find the best apartments for rent for the best price in Tuscaloosa
- We also service apartments in the following areas: Tuscaloosa